- City Manager
The City Manager is the chief administrative officer for the City of Iron Mountain. He is responsible for coordinating the work of all city departments and employees to ensure that all City Council policies, ordinances, resolutions and directives are implemented. He also oversees Human Resources for the City including interviewing for hire, union negotiations, and handles the city's grievances.
The City Manager is responsible for the enforcement of all ordinances and expenditure of funds in accordance with the budget and the City Charter.
The City Manager attends all City Council meetings and reports directly to the City Council on all city matters.
- Attendance at all meetings of the City Council
- Provide staff reports on items placed on the Council's agenda
- Preparation and submittal of the Annual Budget
- Advise the City Council on the City's financial condition and its future needs.
- Develop program strategies to achieve City Council goals and to improve the quality of life in Iron Mountain
- Capital improvements program recommendations in accordance with the schedule adopted by the City Council
- Coordinates day-to-day operations
- Ensures integration of services among City Departments
- Maintains active membership in various civic organizations
- Increase public awareness, interest, understanding and participation in City issues, programs and services
City Manager also serves on the following boards and committees:
- Downtown Development Authority
- Dickinson County Construction Code
- Police & Firemen's Pension Board
- Solid Waste Authority
- Dickinson County Area Partnership
- Iron Mountain-Kgsfd Joint Swage Authority