City of Iron Mountain
Relocation of Ward 2 and Ward 3 Polling Locations
The Iron Mountain City Council is considering the relocation of Ward 2 and Ward 3 from the Iron Mountain City Hall to Fornetti Hall at the Bay College West facility. The reason for the proposed move is to increase customer service while decreasing costs.
Customer service would increase due to the following reasons:
- Having one polling place will eliminate voter confusion as to which location to vote on election day.
- The exclusive use of Fornetti Hall would decrease wait times and create shorter lines by allowing additional voting booths.
- The Combining of all three wards and the required administrative staff in one location would allow Election Day issues to be addressed more efficiently.
- There would be more parking available and much less traffic congestion at the Bay College West facility than in the municipal parking lot adjacent to City Hall.
- Election Inspectors from one ward will be able to assist in another ward when the need arises because all the wards would be in one room.
Costs will be reduced due to the following reasons:
- Four Election Inspector positions could be eliminated due to economy of scale and ward proximity, saving $640 per election.
- Election-related overtime could also be reduced or eliminated saving approximately $150 per election.
We have gathered the support of Bay College and the Dickinson County Clerk and now we would like to hear from you! Please feel free to send us your feedback at the link below.
Click to Give Feedback